Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

27 May 2008

And I Thought It'd Be Another Boring Day...

I spent the first half of the day in Springfield, then came up to NoHo for the afternoon today. I was in good spirits because I was able to stop and get gas before arriving at the office, ensuring my ability to make haste to the allergist after work. My good spirits were gradually drained during my boring afternoon. After I had researched prospective dates for my cousin, prospective cars for my vacation, and prospective (non-existent) jobs, I decided to kill time by going to the bathroom. Then, due to my extreme boredome and my extreme coldness up here in the NoHo office, I came up with the idea to go outside. The door to my office leads to the back of the building where there is a retaining wall and then the woods. Walking along the retaining wall, what should I come across but none other than a little snakey! It was a cute little yellow and black striped thing, and I would guess that it was about a year old...maybe a little younger. It stayed put long enough to get plenty of cute phone pictures, and it didn't try to musk or bite me. Awesome! I can't really upload phone pictures here at work (or ever, really), but here's what it looked like, except younger:
I think the most exciting part is the fact that I NEVER see wild snakes, NEVER. And by "NEVER," I mean, I don't think I've ever seen one. I could tell that it wasn't poisonous, however, by the shape of it's unintimidating little head. So cute! I did some research because it was a very easy pattern to describe, and there are so few snakes in Mass to choose from, and I found out it was an Eastern Ribbon Snake. That totally killed tons of time between seeing the snake, taking pictures of the snake, telling others about the snake, and writing about the snake. Now I only have about an hour or so left of work. Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home